Evangelical Ministry Assembly 2011
So much evangelical preaching is biblically faithful but fails to connect with those whom we are trying to reach and serve. The answer is not to jettison what we believe and stand for, nor even the method of communicating it. In fact these things need to be conserved. The problem is that we tend to be conservative in everything and our preaching is not radical enough to connect.
Speaking of this issue, John Stott asks, “How then can we be conservative and radical simultaneously, conservative in guarding God’s revelation and radical in our thoroughgoing application of it? How can we develop a Christian mind which is shaped by the truths of historic, biblical Christianity and acquainted with the realities of the contemporary world?”
To help us get to grips with this critical issue we welcome Tim Keller, David F Wells, Liam Goligher and Vaughan Roberts – together with an exciting programme of seminar answering the question “How do we connect with….?”
Online booking is now closed for this conference.
What do we stand for?
- Evangelical – We are unashamed to follow the whole truth of biblical Christianity, and committed to the paths of Christian orthodoxy/evangelical doctrine.
- Ministry – We are unashamed to recall ministers to the work of biblical preaching and teaching, believing that this alone with equip the saints for the work of ministry.
- Assembly – We are unashamed to witness to the sufficiency of Scripture and the power of the Gospel as the only hope for genuine Christian unity.
What do we offer?
- Biblical truth taught clearly and powerfully.
- Stimulation for the mind and heart.
- Encouragement through meeting with hundreds of other like-minded evangelical ministers across denominations.
Is it for me?
For those in current, full-time word ministry. It may be possible for others to attend, but space is limited and we will give priority to those active in a full-time preaching or teaching ministry.
When is it?
The conference runs from 22-24 June 2011, between 10.30am and 4.30pm each day.
St Helen Bishopsgate, London – in the heart of the square mile of the City of London, just a few minutes walk from Liverpool Street station.
The assembly costs £90 for three days or £35 for one day to attend. Please note we cannot guarantee that there will be places for late bookers. We recommend early booking to ensure a place. The fee includes: entry to all sessions on the day, conference materials, and refreshments during the breaks. Full payment is required on registration.
Your fee will be returned, less a £10 booking charge, if you have to cancel before 2nd June. Thereafter, refunds can only be given in exceptional circumstances.
A simple packed lunch is available for an additional £5 per day, for those who register before 1st June only. Alternatively, there are several sandwich shops in the vicinity of St Helen’s.
How do I book?
This conference is now full and so booking has been closed. If you wish to be added to a waiting list, please email email@example.com.